become a member of MVMC...
interested in becoming a member will be required to “Prospect” for
at least one year. Past members whose memberships have lapsed will also
be required to prospect.
The Safety Captain and Sponsors will oversee riding skills and membership requirements during the Prospect period.
Sponsor must have been a member for a minimum of one year.
No member may sponsor her lover or family member.
• Must meet the requirements of membership, but are considered “guests” and will pay the guest fee at Club rides.
• Must attend a general meeting to be introduced as a Prospect
• Must have a Club Sponsor
• Will safely operate a motorcycle at a Novice Ride following her formal introduction
• Will endeavor to participate in as many club-sanctioned rides as possible.
• Will prospect for a minimum of one year after formal introduction before becoming a member.
• Will attend an additional General Meeting, after the above requirements are met, to be accepted into the Club (“Fly Up”)
• May participate in all aspects of Club meetings and activities, except voting
• May purchase non-five color Club merchandise
• May seek a replacement sponsor if sponsorship is withdrawn either by Sponsor or Prospect unless the cause was unsafe riding by the Prospect
• When criteria are met for membership a Prospect may “Fly Up” to full membership
• Must fly-up no later than two years after becoming a prospect or her prospecting will be terminated. The Board will consider exceptions to this rule, due to special circumstances, on a case-by-case basis.
• The Club will provide new members with club colors. She may purchase and wear all Club insignia.
If you don't know any of us yet, come meet us! If you would like to attend our next club ride or come to a general meeting, please contact us at: